Monday, August 19, 2013

Harvest Monday - August 19, 2013

Now that all the tomato plants have come to an end, I am harvesting tomatoes from the community garden. I harvested the coeur de boeuf, san marzano, and some cherry tomatoes (baxter bush and supersweet 100). I was harvested my first ichiban eggplant.
From the container garden, I harvested one of the last golden dwarf tomatoes, several okras, and caribbean habenero. The habenero is not as spicy as I thought it would be...I might have to try one of the ghost peppers next year.
The peppers are turning red and needed to be harvested. I couldn't use it all so I decided to freeze the majority of it. My freezer is getting filled with tomatoes and peppers - it is wonderful!
I am linking to Daphne's harvest monday!

5 comments:

  1. Very nice harvest of tomatoes and peppers. What do you do with your okra?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a happy freezer ;-) Love the red peppers. They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely harvest and you grew them from containers that's even more precious. My container grown peppers do better than in-ground peppers, go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you're really making out with that community plot plus your container garden! Those are some great harvests!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Charm City, nice garden you have going. My name is Marty Ware from Australia and I would like to invite you to come and join my House and Garden social site.
    It's very new and I am looking for members who have top quality content like yourself.
    You can easily place your Youtube video, images and snippets from your blog there do drive more traffic and help build a larger following.
    I really hope to see you there.
    http://happyhouseandgarden.com/
    Have a great day and Happy Gardening
    Marty Ware

    ps: I subscribed to you in Youtube as I love to learn from others, looking forward to getting to know you better. Look me up in Facebook if you wish?

    ReplyDelete