1) I checked the weather in Baltimore pretty consistently
2) I noticed all the gardening stores and took me all my effort not to go to one
3) Was reading other gardening blogs than reviewing my job talk
4) Took a mental note that if offered the job will need to negotiate on the start date for after the harvest is complete
5) Seeked out gardening magazine at the airport (didn't buy one though) rather than the fashion/fitness magazines
After being away for 3 days, I find my garden was doing very well. In fact there are now many beautiful flowers.
|Ichiban eggplant flower|
|Jalapeno pepper flower|
|Early Girl 50 flowers|
|Early girl 50, can you see the little green tomato-looking thing?|
|I'm not sure but sure looks like zucchini may be forming? I thought they need to be pollinated...?|
Here is what the balcony looks like with it fully screened out. One is patched photo, the other is a panorama. My picture taking skills are limited and cannot get one nice picture to capture the whole balcony. This weekend I plan to make a couple of self-watering containers. I also want to get some flowers, maybe more marigold.