Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Versatile Blogger ^o^;;

Time flies!!! My balcony garden is pretty much dormant (amazingly I still have to pick some peppers!!). I am very happy with the productivity of my balcony garden. Early in my gardening/blogging adventure, Annie from Annie's kitchen garden was one of the first people to give me words of encouragement and share some seeds that she thought would do well in containers. I was so touched by her kindness and now...(well 2 months ago), she nominated me for the versatile blogger award!!!

I am very honored and humbled to be nominated by such an amazing gardener!

Now following the instructions, 7 random facts about me:

1. I am very surprised at how much I am enjoying the whole gardening experience.

2. I would like to live in San Francisco some day.

3. I speak 2 languages, English and Japanese, but I hope to learn Spanish and Chinese (I haven't decided Cantonese or Mandarin). They say if you are bilingual languages are easier to pick up...but if you learned to speak the 2 languages at a young age I don't think this rule applies.

4. I had been a perpetual student and got a "real" job 3 years ago, but now I am contemplating going back to school. I think the truth is, I just don't want to face becoming an adult with responsibilities.

5.  When I was little I wanted to own a bakery.

6.  I developed allergy to some fruits - apples, pears, peaches, plums. This saddens me. I can however, eat them in pies:)

7. I volunteer with CASA. It is inexcusable that there are children in this country (or any parts of the world for that matter) that do not have parents/guardian.

Now, I don't know 15 bloggers, but to name a few of my favorites:

My initial research started with Bucolic Bushwick. I got ideas about self-watering containers from her.

Diana from Kebun Malay-Kadazan Girls always has beautiful pictures of her harvest and cool recipe ideas for the various veggies she grows. She has something growing all year round. I hope to have a garden like that some day!

A fellow Maryland gardener. Wendy from Greenish Thumb has great recipe ideas. She frequently posts really cute picture of her daughters too:)

A blogger from Portland OR, Holly covers traveling as well as gardening at Tasty Travels. I wish I could travel more too!

I actually have been lagging behind in blogging. I need to catch up with all my favorite blogs! Thanks again, Annie, for the award!!

2 comments:

  1. oh! this is a lovely surprise! Boy, i feel like everything I've been posting lately is random.

    I would love to at leave VISIT san fran one day. That's intersting that you would even consider cantonese. This is the language my parents speak, having been raised in HK, but most people who speak cantonese can also speak mandarin (not the other way around). My coworkers think I'm useless b/c when we have Chinese parents come in who can't speak English, b/c i only do Cantonese. I'm also a perpetual student. At first, i thought it might be a fear of being an adult, but now i don't think so, i think I'm just a lifelong learner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Balcony Garden Blog...!!

    Thanks for Sharing....

    ReplyDelete