Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Reinvigorated container gardener

The past few weeks I was home, in Japan. I have not been home for 2 years and this was the first time to be in Japan as a gardener. in the past, I did not notice how pervasive vegetable gardening is in Japan. It was really great to see that so many people growing vegetables in containers. I also saw a very cool TV program that goes through step by step instructions on how to grow different kinds of vegetables in containers. The gardening expert was very enthusiastic about growing food in containers, claiming that anything can be grown in containers as long as you are creative. Sweet! It has motivated me to try growing different kinds of vegetables in pots.
Eggplants, peppers and bitter gourd
Beautiful flowers
Shishito jalapenos in containers
I also found a lot of community and commercial farms. Interestingly, I did not find any raised garden beds - all were conventional row gardens.
Not sure what this is...potato?
Onions and corn
Squash and eggplants

No comments:

Post a Comment