Tuesday, June 28, 2011

This is just SO cool!

I was a little low on vegetables and I really wanted a salad tonight. The only thing I had was romaine lettuce and I needed a little more color but I was too lazy to go to the store. And then I remembered, I HAVE TOMATOES GROWING ON MY BALCONY!!! My second tomato was ripe (maybe could have used an extra day) so I went out and picked the tomato. This tomato was definitely better than the first. The skin was little thick, but it was very sweet. This is just so awesome.
Sweet early girl 50 tomato salad
My stevia is looking very punk rock with big heads of leaves. I'm thinking of cutting off the top to root it and hopefully promote more leaf growth near the bottom of the plant. I'll start with one to make sure that the cuttings will root.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, that is soooo cool! I told you that the next tomato would taste better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful no need to shop outside other than your own garden:).

    ReplyDelete