Saturday, April 27, 2013

Charm city travels...to Peru!

My parents and I just came back from a fantastic trip to Peru. This is my first time in South America, and Peru was a perfect country to start. My mother has been wanting to visit Machu Picchu and the Nazca lines for years now and we finally got our act together and planned out (or should I say selected a travel agency) our 7-day trip to the land of the Incas. It was a very busy trip - going from one place to the next but it was one of the best vacations I've taken. Between my mother and I, we took a gazillion pictures. Here are a couple of pictures.
Coca tea - I was so excited to try this. It wasn't the best tasting tea, but it is supposed to help with the altitude
Definite highlight of the trip - Machu Picchu. So gorgeous
Inca backyard garden:)
Nazca hummingbird from the sky. I unfortunately was totally sick on the flight and could barely look out the window
Birds on the Ballestas island in Paracas. This island is FULL of birds, penguins and seals.
They collect guano for every 7 years. Paradise for these animals and also a great resource for farmers.
Usually when I take mini trips, I'm worried about my plants back home. But this time I didn't think about it much. But I was happy to come home to find all my plants happy and healthy. Updates to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment