Monday, August 8, 2011

Harvest Monday - August 8, 2011

Here is my harvest from last week. First for the red veggies:
There are actually more thai peppers, but I'm not sure what to do with them. I think I will try to dry them. I've been munching on the tomatoes (the larger 2 on top are early girl, and the rest are supersweet 100).
The first 2 homestead tomatoes - I haven't tasted them yet. I still have 3 more ripening on the plant. They just aren't doing well on the balcony. The supersweet 100 are doing well. If I can find time I would like to make oven-dried tomatoes. If not, i will probably try to snack on them or freeze them.
I'm not sure if the eggplants are almost done. I don't see any more flowers, but again, maybe it will have another go. I'll just see how it goes.

I'm linking to Daphne's Harvest Monday - farmers all around the world is harvesting many beautiful fruits and veggies.

6 comments:

  1. Maybe you could make salsa with the tomatoes and the peppers? Throw a party! Make people eat it :) That's what I'm going to end up doing. So many tomatoes!

    Also, the eggplants look awesome. Hope you make something delicious with them.

    Also, you asked about my tomatoes, which I like the most. I'm a big fan of these Bush Early Girls. They've been SUPER SUPER SUPER productive this season (I have 2 plants). Couple years ago, I had really good roma tomatoes, too. Made great sauce. If you remind me, and you want some, I can get you some of the Bush Early Girl seeds for next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How red are those cherry toms? Just beautiful - now the insipid things I bought in the supermarket this afternoon look just that little bit more unappetising...oh to be in the northern hemisphere right now...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really a fan of your eggplants. Its a beauty. Pretty shining red tomato harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NIce harvest! I'd dry those Thai peppers and use them in stiry frys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This year my cherry tomatoes aren't doing all that well. I'm not too sad though. My neighbor probably is. Last year she got a bowlful every day to snack on. This year she has gotten barely any cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ben - Salsa sounds really good! I will have to try the bush early girls. The early girl 50 plant has been really productive too:)

    Liz - Thanks! After eating the fresh tomato off the plant, it is hard to go back to the store bought ones, isn't it?

    MKG - I am happy that I tried the eggplants too. I plan to grow more next year.

    Allison - I am going to dry them for sure. I've been throwing them into a whole bunch of dishes.

    Daphne - I hope to find more land next year:) It seems I can't get enough of the tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete