Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Growing garlic indoors

I found a garlic hiding under a bag of barley. It had sprouted a very healthy looking bright green stem so I couldn't throw it away. I decided to try growing it indoors in a small container. Let's see if it develops into a small bulb.
Sprouted skinny little garlic
Garlic buried
In addition to this, I'm going to be growing some herbs and vegetables that don't need a lot of light. So far I've sowed mizuna and chives. I also plan is to grow some salad greens, mint and maybe cilantro and/or parsley.
The jerusalem artichoke is growing quickly. I hope it gets warm soon so that I can transplant it. The roots are screaming for more space!

2 comments:

  1. Your Jerusalem artichoke look so healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! they just keep growing and growing. I'm just waiting transplant them outside!

      Delete